If you are someone who has been working with a power tool for a while, you must have heard the name DeWalt. DeWalt has been a very popular name in American household for its amazing product line. Some great revolutionary power tools have been produced by them. When it comes to a table saw or a miter saw, DeWalt is the market leader, with the great variety of models. Regardless you are a professional or a hobbyist, whatever the requirements are, you will find one perfect tool for you from the product line of DeWalt. Here, we will be talking about the DeWalt DW715 single-bevel compound miter saw. Let’s know first the types of miter saws, that is followed by DeWalt DW715 Review.
— Types of Miter Saw —
Everyone knows about jigsaw or a circular saw. But miter saw is not such a popular name. But when it comes to professionalism and professional result is required, you will need a miter saw. You can easily use a jigsaw for general purposes, but a miter saw will be required to perform some specific types of cut. Unlike other power saws, miter saws have different types. It is extremely important for any buyer to know those variations to make sure that he is buying the right miter saw.
- Basic Miter Saw: As the name suggests, this is the most basic version of the miter saw with fewer parts. If you are a hobbyist or a homeowner, this is the right choice for you and you can do most of the home projects with this type of miter saw. This can perform crosscuts and miter cuts. Since most of the amateur woodworkers need these two types of cut, this should be ok for them, we don’t recommend spending for some fancy features that you won’t need. If you need bevel cuts, unfortunately, this is not for you since it limits your cutting ability. This is the most economic miter saw.
- Compound Miter Saw: When a basic miter saw can perform a bevel cut, that is a compound miter saw. The mechanism is a bit more complicated and the price is higher. A pivoting saw motor head unit allows the user to rotate the saw along its horizontal axis. There are two types of compound miter saw single bevel and dual bevel. Usually, a compound miter saw is single bevel unless the manufacturer mentioned the word “dual bevel”. In single bevel, the head can swivel only toward positive angle. If you want to cut the work piece in negative angle, you have to reposition the work piece. But in a dual bevel miter saw, that will not be necessary. If you need lots of bevel cuts, single bevel compound miter saw is perfect for you. But f you need to perform a lot of bevel cuts, go for dual bevel, since repositioning may misplace the work piece.
- Sliding Compound Miter Saw: This is the most versatile type of miter saw, and obviously the most expensive ones. A sliding tube attached to the compound miter saw and that allows the saw and the motor assembly to slide back and forth. A sliding compound miter saw is not for beginners. This is a pretty high-end product. Professionals, who need to handle complicated projects regularly, will find this type of miter saw very helpful.
Now you know the types of miter saw, and I assume that you have chosen your type already. Let’s find the DeWalt DW715 review.
— DeWalt DW715 Review —
DeWalt DW715 is a single-bevel compound miter saw. This has been one of the best miter saws in the market for a while. Whether you are a professional craftsman or a hobbyist at your home garage, this miter saw will help you in some precision cuts and thus it will make a really good result. This can be a great power tool for the beginners to avoid the frustration of the newbie. DeWalt DW715 is a cost effective solution and it slows the user to cut crown molding, bevel cuts, crosscuts etc. It features a circular table pivots with the blade, with a replaceable kerf place that is adjustable for bevel cuts.
The heart of any power tool is the motor. A powerful motor is always an important feature since it is responsible for smooth and precise cuts. For the price level, this DeWalt DW715 has a very powerful motor of 15-amp. This delivers a maximum 4000 RPM no load speed, that makes cutting even very hardwood pretty easy. This makes cross-cutting, molding, frame cutting, miter cutting very easy and smooth. Considering the unmatched power with the great price, this is one of the best miter saw models in the market.
Design & Lightweight Construction
This powerful miter saw is well known for its premium portability. The weight of the tool is merely 42 pounds. I am one of those craftsmen who love the portability. If you are someone like me and you want to move around your tool frequently, this one is a good option. Well, this is not the lightest miter saw of its category, but you can easily move it around without much effort. If the worksite is large or if you are working to renovate the home, portability of this miter saw will be really a great feature you will love.
DeWalt DW715 is specifically designed for speed and precision. A miter saw is not something cheap and you are not supposed to replace it soon after buying. That is why, spending for something that can handle wide verities of projects, will be a great decision. The large 12-inch carbide blade of DeWalt DW715 can cut base molding up to 6 ½” and crown molding 5 ¼” when setting vertically against the fence.
The precise and adjustable cam lock miter system allows the user to cut angles with great accuracy. Bevel cuts have been made really easy. You can make bevel cuts up to 48 degrees to the left and 3 degrees to the right. DeWalt DW715 is particularly handy for the cuts like for your doors and windows.
For any power tool, the safety feature is a very important concern. DeWalt DW715 features a blade guard that covers the blade completely when it is raised. When you lower it the guard is lifted out the way automatically to cut the materials. You might not like this type of feature, but if we consider the quality and effectiveness, be sure that you will have no complaint about that.
— Pros & Cons —
In this segment I will stop talking technical terms; rather I will use some easier words to make sure that any newbie understands easily. For any such reviews, cons are more important than the pros. Unlike other DeWalt DW715 review, I tried to highlight the cons. But you must not forget, we are talking about a product that has been leading the market for a while. So obviously the pros will be more than the cons.
- Accurate Cutting: This is one of the best miter saw, no matter from which angle you consider. When it comes to the cuts, cross cuts or bevel cuts or any other cuts, the accuracy is guaranteed. DeWalt DW715 provides the user with the best accuracy and highest precision.
- Power: Dewalt DW715 is one of the most powerful miter saws of its category. 15-amp motor delivers maximum 4000 RPM speed under no load that cuts even the hardest materials without much effort and with the highest precision.
- Portability: If portability is a feature that you want, DeWalt Dw715 is great. 42 lbs weight is not the lightest of its category, but you can easily move the power tool around wherever you need. A great tool for the large work site.
- Effective Blade: 12-inch carbide blade can handle almost all types of project that you may need to do. The blade quality is great and it assures professional finishing.
- Easy to Use: This is very easy to set up and use. All the necessary adjustments are also pretty easy. This is very convenient to perform even the complicated cuts.
- Not Noisy: This does not create any loud annoying sound, which is pretty impressive.
- Safe: The blade guard that covers the blade automatically when it is raised and that makes sure that the hand or any other part of the body does not get in touch with the blade.
There are flaws. But none of them is a deal breaker. The dust collection port might seem poor quality to some of the users. Also, it does not come with a laser guideline. That is a point where DeWalt can make an improvement. At least you can see where you are cutting if you have a guide-light.
— Final Verdict —
Having no laser guide light is not a big deal. The overall combination of power, precision, portability, and safety has made this one of the best miter saw for anyone. Moreover, the three years warranty and 90 days money back guarantee has made this very popular and reliable among a wide range of customers. So if you are serious about woodworking and looking for professional results, this can be a smart choice. And if in case DeWalt DW715 review does not help to make a final decision, you can look for more great miter saws. Cheers.
— Watch Video —