Bosch has been a very popular name in American households as well as in the whole world. This is well known for its great home appliances and power tools. Each of the products from Bosch has solid design and great performance. Table saw is no exception. This North American corporation has a wide variety of products. We have chosen Bosch 4100-09 10-inch worksite table saw to be one of the best table saws in the market. This table saw provides great value for the money you are going to pay. Let’s have a look on Bosch 4100-09 table saw. You may also like to look at Bosch GTS1031 table saw, is portability is the highest priority with professional performance. Let’s dive deeper into the Bosch 4100-09 review.
— Bosch 4100-09 Review —
In the market, Bosch 4100-09 is one of the top-rated table saw, because of its ease-of-use, solid design, safety features and other support options. This portable table saw allows the user to move around without any effort if required. With some safety features like a riving knife, blade guards, this table saw assures enhanced safety of the user. The overall impression is great; we scrutinized and tried to find flaws. But we failed. There is actually no deal breaker. One minor flaw is the speed. This table saw does not offer as much speed as the other models of its category. But practically, this speed is just a number here for Bosch 4100-09. It can handle any medium level projects with high-precision. In most of the cases, the performance is way better than many other models of its category. So this low RPM does not seem to be a problem. Let’s dive deeper.
Power and speed
Bosch 4100-09 comes with a 15-amp electric motor. This can generate up to 4 HP power and rotate at 3650 RPM. This speed is the lowest speed of all the table saws we have reviewed. Usually higher RPM refers to smoother cuts. But as we have mentioned earlier, this low RPM does not affect the performance of this table saw. It can handle any medium size application with high accuracy. The blade diameter is 10-inch and the RIP capacity is 25-inch. It can cut up to 2.5-inch while on 45° angles. In 90° angle it can make 3.1-inch. This is pretty impressive. The default blade of Bosch 4100-09 table saw is a 40T carbide tipped teeth. This 40 teeth blade is capable of cutting smooth and the carbide tipped blade last longer than the all-steel blade.
Smart Guard System
Since table saw is one of the most dangerous power tools, it is very important to have effective safety features. Bosch has made improvement for the safety. They call is Smart Guard System. This includes blade guard, riving knife, and anti-kickback pawls. These are optional installation. You can easily attach or detach to the saw, without using any tools. The aluminum made blade guard is positioned in such a way so that it does not create any obstacle to the visibility of the cutting line and the blade. One of the main reasons for any power saw injury is the kickback. Bosch 4100-09 has an anti-kickback riving knife. This reduces the chances of kickback to 0.
Table and Stand
This portable table saw has an aluminum-made table. Aluminum is a light metal and that makes sure that the weight of this portable table saw is pretty low. The table size of this saw is 29”×21.5”. The gravity-rise stand is an innovative design that we like very much. By operating a single lever you can open or collapse the stand. With two transport wheel, it is very easy to more the power tool around. The distance between the workspace and the floor is 37.5”. To make this stand corrosion-resistant and durable, bosch has given it a power coat finish.
A very handy feature that makes this table saw outstanding is its SquareLock Rip Fence. This is made of machined aluminum. Up and down the rail it slides without a hitch. In a portable table saw, no fence can be better than this. Fixing measurement problems is very easy and that assures the highest accuracy for professional results. It has a miter gauge. But unfortunately, the miter gauge is not great. It’s not a big deal because at this price level we are not supposed to get any great miter gauge. This will get the job done. Another impressive feature is the storage. There are specially designed hangars for the accessories like rip, miter gauge, blade guards etc. There is a dust collection port and you can attach it to any vacuum for easy cleaning.
— Pros and Cons —
Above we discussed the technical details in Bosch 4100-09 review. Now, this is time to find the pros and cons of this power table saw. In most of the Bosch 4100-09 review articles, you will find this table saw is a top-rated table saw. It deserves its place with the performance. But there are some minor flaws as well. in our Bosch 4100-09 review we especially emphasized on the cons.
- Ease of use and portability: Portability can be a real issue when you need to move the tool around while working. With the gravity-rise stands, this is very easy to transport. The weight is not much, it’s easy to set-up and taking down is also easy and quick. This makes sure that you don’t have to spend much time in setting it up; rather you can concentrate more on work. The construction of this table saw is solid, therefore durable. It can deal with most of the job site abuses that can take place.
- Superior cutting capacity: This saw is specially designed for high precision cutting. Almost each of the customers is pretty happy with the cutting performance. That’s why even the RPM is lower than the other models of the same category that does not affect the cutting performance. The powerful 15 amp motor generates up to 4HP of power and 3650 RPM speeds for exceptionally clean cuts.
- Safety standard: Safety is a very important feature when it comes to a dangerous power tool like a table saw. The smart guard system is there in Bosch 4100-09. It includes a riving knife, anti-kickback pawls, and blade guard. The blade does not reduce the visibility of the cutting line. The combination of all three features offers unmatched safety.
- Affordable price: When it comes to a power tool, the price is always an important fact. We do not suggest our visitors spend more money for some fancy features that are not going to be of any use. If you are an amateur craftsman, spending for a high-end cabinet saw will not be a great idea, but the wastage of money. Bosch 4100-09 gives you the best value for the price. The features you are getting like the T-slot miter gauge, smart guard system, SquareLock rip fence, gravity-rise stand, are worth the money. This is one of the cheapest table saws with such features.
- Warranty: This comes with a 1-year warranty, 1-year service protection and 1-month money back guarantee. When the manufacturer stands for the quality of the product, they can offer such generous warranty. It means you are getting a quality product. For the other products of the same category, you are not likely to get such warranty and guarantee protection.
- Vibration can be a problem, some customers have complained about that. There is a solution to this problem as well, please place your table saw on a firm and level ground. The vibration will, therefore, be reduced.
- The RPM is lower than other models. That is not a big deal since cutting performance of Bosch 4100-09 table saw is great.
— Final Verdict —
There are very few cons of this table saw, but we are sure, even you will agree with us that the problems are not big deal. This is one of the best table saws in its class, well, probably the best table saw. Considering the power, design, performance, and safety, and of course the price, this can be a great addition to the existing power tools in your garage. But remember, before making the final decision, go and read the customers reviews in Amazon.